Chinese Chile Crisp
See wholesale price
"The three best cuisines in the world are Chinese, Chinese and Chinese" — James Beard
With our founder Mark having spent a good span of his formative years in China and the summer of 1994 in Chengdu, the capital of the Szechuan Province and a UNESCO City of Gastronomy, we knew we had to launch our line of oo’mämēinfusions by first paying homage to this source of his culinary passion and love of global flavors. Chengdu is world-renowned for its spicy cuisine and culinary innovation. And, while at first glance, Szechuan food might seem to rely exclusively on hot and spicy notes, Chengdu’s 200+ Masters Chefs are skilled at nuance, coaxing out layered flavors with a finely tuned balance of the fiery Szechuan peppercorn. Our Chinese oo’mämē Chile Infusion captures all that in just one jar.
Perhaps the best known of Chengdu’s dishes is Kung Pao chicken. Hot oil is infused with a variety of chilis, including mala, the famous Szechuan peppercorn. A contraction of two Chinese characters – 麻 and 辣 meaning numbing and spicy, Mala is aptly named. From there, Kung Pao gets a serious dose of peanuts, garlic, ginger and a few other aromatics, along with chicken marinated in a fermented rice wine, adding a level of umami.
Our oo’mämē infusion short-cuts that lengthy meal prep process by providing a condiment you can add to your own selection of fresh ingredients, all while honoring the Chinese philosophy of harmony balanced with uniqueness. Like the Master Chefs, our oo’mämē Chinese Chile Infusion brings layers of spicy Szechuan flavors, while also adding a variety of textures to create that party in your mouth feel. Tingly Mala peppercorns, spicy red pepper flakes, chewy crystallized ginger, savory fermented black beans, and crunchy peanuts are just some of the guests at this party. Together they create a bold and sassy flavor-riot that packs a punch, taking you on a global culinary journey while simplifying mealtime. Gain the confidence to go beyond your standard repertoire and explore new cuisines!
1001 USES. One Spoon.
- Add to avocados, omelets, rice or pasta and go from drab to dazzling
- Mix with or drizzle onto honeys, yogurts, hummus, and cheeses for an elevated experience
- Use in place of or add to ho-hum condiments – ketchup, mayo, sour cream: GET OUT!
- Resuscitate leftovers by topping with a dollop
- Stir fry with the high smoke-point infused oil
- Go beyond Sriracha by adding layers and levels of texture and umami
- Mix with peanut, almond, and cashew butters and you’ll be saying oh’mŷ-mŷ
- Top pizzas, tacos, kebabs, and quesadillas because you can
- Make a dipping sauce for wings, ribs, dumplings, and tempura and say it’s your signature dish
- Marinate, then grill or roast any meat, fish, poultry or vegetable
More from this brandView all products