Frankincense Essential Oil (Boswellia carterii)
See wholesale price
Frankincense essential oil is excellent for encouraging emotional healing, quieting racing thoughts and providing feelings of peace and relaxation that soothes nerves. It can help with tension in neck muscles making it an effective for tension induced headaches. This oil has remarkable anti-aging, rejuvenating and healing properties that make it very useful in treating wrinkles and scars. Additionally it helps calm the lungs and soothe coughs, asthma and other respiratory conditions.
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction: Burseraceae (resinous trees & shrubs); Somalia; Steam distillation from gum/resin
Properties: Anti-catarrhal, anti-depressant, anti-infectious, antiseptic, anti-tumoral, expectorant, immune-stimulant, and sedative
Body Systems Affected: Emotional balance, immune & nervous systems, skin
Aromatic Influence: This oil increases spiritual awareness and meditation with its incense like overtones and aroma that is reminiscent of rich, deep balsamic, warm, earthy and sweet smells
Other Possible Uses: Frankincense essential oil may help with aging, allergies, bites (insect and snakes), bronchitis, cancer, carbuncles, catarrh, colds, coughs, diarrhea, diphtheria, gonorrhea, headaches, healing, hemorrhaging, herpes, high blood pressure, inflammation, jaundice, laryngitis, meningitis, nervous conditions, prostate problems, pneumonia, respiratory problems, preventing scarring sciatic pain, sores, spiritual awareness, staph, strep, stress, syphilis, t.b., tension, tonsillitis, typhoid, wounds, and warts. It contains sesquiterpenes, enabling it to go beyond the blood-brain barrier. It may help oxygenate the pineal and pituitary glands. It increases the activity of leukocytes in defense of the body against infection. Frankincense may also help one have a better attitude, which may help to strengthen immune system.
Historical Uses: Frankincense is a holy oil in the Middle East. As an ingredient in the holy incense, it was used anciently during sacrificial ceremonies to help improve communication with the creator.
French Medicinal Uses: Asthma, depression, ulcers
Folklore: One of the gifts given to Christ at HIs birth. There are over 52 references to frankincense in the Bible (considering that "incense" is translated from the Hebrew/Greek "frankincense" and either refers to the same oil or to a mixture, of which frankincense was one of the ingredients)
Blends With: All oils
Directions for Use: Approved by the FDA for use as a Food Additive (FA) or Flavoring Agent (FL)*
- Use 8-10 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Dilute 1 drop oil in 1 teaspoon of honey or a 4oz beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Apply to flex points and/or directly to area of concern
- Apply diluted under the nose and on each side of the nose for quick sinus relief
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Use with caution during pregnancy
- Do not use on children under 6 years old; use with caution and in greater dilution for children 6-14 years
- Pregnant women & nursing mothers should consult a trained healthcare practitioner prior to using essential oils
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product if you suspect an allergic reaction
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Frankincense batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Boswellia carterii. No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MS quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis.
*Mockingbird Apothecary does not recommend ingestion of essential oils