Ghana Kente Throw
See wholesale price
This beautiful and vibrant throw has been inspired by the colorful Kente fabric, which originated from West Ghana in the 11th century. Kente comes from the word ‘kenten’, which means ‘basket’ in the Akan dialect, Asante. The fabric in itself is particularly special, as it was originally the royal cloth of kings, worn only in times of extreme importance. While its esteem remains high, Kente cloth is today in wide use. The different cloth designs carry specific non-verbal messages, such as Mako Maso Adeae (my heart’s desire) meaning ‘I love you’ when the cloth is left at the front door of a women’s house.
- Made In South Africa
- Sustainably and ethically made
- Hypoallergenic, No toxic dyes or chemicals used...ever
- Machine washable, pet and kid-friendly
- Soft, warm perfect for outdoors and indoors
- Size: 55” x 71” / 140cm x 180cm
- Color: Wild Dove / Nugget Gold
- Materials: 100% super-soft, warm, lightweight, and hypoallergenic microfiber with a double-face Jacquard weave.
- Origin: Crafted in South Africa.
More from this supplierView all products
Thula Tula®| The Official Home of Basotho Heritage Blankets and Throws