Mali Mud Cloth Blanket
See wholesale price
The traditionally dyed cotton fabrics of the people of Mali are the inspiration behind this intricate mud cloth throw. Since its early roots in this rich culture, it is the men’s duty to weave the fabric, after which it is handed over to the women. They dye the fabric, using mud that has been fermented for up to a year. The fabric is then dried in the sun and symbolic patterns are painted on by hand. Traditionally worn by hunters, the patterns are rich in cultural significance, referring to historical events, mythological concepts, or proverbs.
- Made In South Africa
- Sustainably and ethically made
- Hypoallergenic, No toxic dyes or chemicals used...ever
- Machine washable, pet and kid-friendly
- Soft, warm perfect for outdoors and indoors
- Size: 79” x 90” / 200cm x 230cm
- Style: Bed Blanket fits California king
- Materials: 50% cotton / 45% super soft, warm, lightweight, and hypoallergenic microfiberr / 5% polyester with a double face jacquard weave.
- Origin: Crafted in South Africa
More from this supplierView all products
Thula Tula®| The Official Home of Basotho Heritage Blankets and Throws