Oregano Essential Oil (Origanum compactum, CT Carvacrol)
See wholesale price
Oregano essential oil is a potent and powerful essential oil that is used to help boost the immune system in times of cold and flu. Just a drop of this oil alleviates sinus infections and colds by steam inhalation.
This herbal oil is a powerful antimicrobial that can be used to help fight off infections. The antifungal properties of Oregano oil make it useful for treating foot and nail fungus.
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction: Labiatea; Turkey; Steam distilled from leaves
Properties: Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic to the respiratory system, antiviral and immune-stimulant
Body Systems Affected: Immune and respiratory systems, muscles and bones
Aromatic Influence: Strengthens one's feeling of security
Other Possible Uses: This oil may help colds, digestion problems, balance metabolism, viral and bacterial pneumonia and strengthen vital centers
French Medicinal Uses: Asthma, bronchitis (chronic), mental diseases, pulmonary tuberculosis, rheumatism (chronic), whooping cough
Blends With: Basil, fennel, geranium, lemongrass, myrtle, pine, thyme, rosemary
Directions for Use: Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) for internal consumption fy the FDA (21CFR182.20)*
- Dilute 1 drop oil into 1 teaspoon honey or in 4 oz of beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Diffuse 6-8 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Apply to forehead, temples, flex points and/or directly on area of concern
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (refer to an aromatherapy text)
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should consulting a trained healthcare practitioner prior to use
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product immediately if you suspect an allergic reaction
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Oregano batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Origanum compactum. No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MS quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis.
*Mockingbird Apothecary does not recommend ingestion of essential oils