Trade Uganda African Bukedo & Raffia Bowl 12.5" x 3" - Black & White
See wholesale price
- African Basket - Uganda - Bukedo & Raffia Bowl - 12 Inches Across
- Approximately 11.5 - 12.5" Across x 2.5 - 3.5" Tall
- Brightly colored dyes and inventive, progressive patterns make these handmade baskets popular for wall displays. A loop on the back of the basket makes it easy to hang.
- Although each basket is uniquely handwoven and thus varies slightly, you will receive a basket that looks very close to this photo.
- Bukedo is the local term in Uganda for banana leaf stalks. Along with raffia that comes from palm trees, these materials are renewable, plentiful resources.
- The mission of this weaving group is to support as many other women as possible through the promotion of their handcrafts.
- Traditionally used for serving food, they are created by tightly wrapping smooth raffia over coils of bukedo stalks.
- They look great mounted on a wall, propped up on a shelf, or even sitting on a table. A loop on the back of the basket helps with hanging.
- Hand crafted in Uganda, East Africa
- Approximately 11.5 - 12.5" Across x 2.5 - 3.5" Deep
- Fair Trade Federation Member
- Multipurpose Basket
More from this brandView all products
THE AFRICAN HOME GOODS
The African Home Goods is an online fair trade shop founded by Women to Empower Women where customers can purchase beautiful handmade items around the world. We provide design insights, helping our partners to showcase their traditional skills, and cultural techniques to a broader audience. We travel the world looking for unique authentic treasures for your shopping pleasure. We know you will appreciate that all of our products are Handmade of high quality materials, affordable, and unique. Your purchase generates meaningful income for the artisans, improve the quality of life in their communities, health care, and the income can help women to send their children to school, which oftentimes these children will be the first generation to graduate from high school.