Xhosa Stripe Throw
See wholesale price
Inspired by the stripes of timeless Xhosa clothing and blankets. Unique to the Xhosa people, the predominant use of black and white in their designs is steeped in tradition. Cultural rituals are symbolic through every stage of life and development for the Xhosa people, such as knowing one’s Isiduko (clan). This is considered so important that when two strangers meet for the first time, the first identity that gets shared is Isiduko. This forms the origins of ubuntu (human kindness), a behavior synonymous with this nation, as extending a helping hand to a complete stranger when in need. It is also the roots of the saying “it takes a village to raise a child”.
- Made In South Africa
- Sustainably and ethically made
- Hypoallergenic, No toxic dyes or chemicals used...ever
- Machine washable, pet and kid-friendly
- Soft, warm perfect for outdoors and indoors
- Size: 51” x 71” / 130cm x 180cm
- Style: Throw / Wrap
- Color: Black / White
- Materials: 100% super soft, warm, lightweight, and hypoallergenic microfiber with a triple Jacquard weave, open Selvedge.
- Origin: Crafted in South Africa.
More from this supplierView all products
Thula Tula®| The Official Home of Basotho Heritage Blankets and Throws