Zig Zag Bread Basket
See wholesale price
Perfect for bread or fruit, this beautiful and functional basket adds a handcrafted element to your welcoming tablescape. From our Black & Natural Collection.
Handcrafted by women artisans from the Batoro tribe living in the very rural mountains of Western Uganda. These weavers are a part of a cooperative that provides training to single mothers, widows and other marginalized women who are subsistence farmers and weave baskets to provide additional income.
- Made from all natural, sustainably sourced raffia and banana fibers.
- Unique, bold mix of natural and AZO free dyes - Natural dyes are made from various plant materials grown in artisan’s villages. The women grow, harvest and make all the natural dyes which take a great deal of knowledge and skill to produce.
- The hand-dyed raffia is twisted and wrapped around coils of banana fibers, creating structure and intricate designs.
- Hanging loop on back allows basket to be wall decor in addition to tabletop use
- Weavers hand make each basket from home while tending to other household duties. Baskets can take days to weeks to complete with artists weaving 3 or so hours per day while balancing other responsibilities.
No two baskets are identical - there will be slight variations in size and color from the one shown due to the handmade nature of each product. Each basket is both special and unique.
More from this brandView all products